A great one-skillet dinner that teams well with cauli mash, roasted asparagus or a side salad. For those in your family not eating low carb, serve over pasta or potatoes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 6 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 container (4 1/2 to 5 1/2 ounces) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 cup frozen small peas, thawed
- 8 to 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
Put chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap and pound evenly until about ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Place the other tablespoon of butter into the skillet, then add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender. Pour in the chicken broth and thawed peas, being sure to scrape the tasty brown bits off the bottom of the pan to enhance your sauce.
Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the Boursin cheese until well blended. Add the chicken and tomatoes; stir to blend, cover, and heat through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.