Bravo to Keto Connect for creating these fabulous chocolate brownies. I followed their recipe and mine turned out moist and fudgy and didn’t actually need any frosting (who can resist a yummy cream cheese frosting, anyway?) but it turned out to be the icing on top!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 12 tbsp (equals ¾ cup) butter
- 1/2 cup erythritol (I used Truvia)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate
- In one bowl, combine cocoa powder, coconut flour, and salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add erythritol, eggs, vanilla and mix with a hand mixer. Mix until the volume of the mixture has tripled in size. This should take about 3-5 minutes on high.
- In a third bowl, melt together butter and bakers chocolate. This can be done using a double boiler method, or by repeatedly microwaving for 25 seconds and mixing so that the chocolate does not burn.
- With beaters on low, add egg mixture to the butter/chocolate mixture in 3 parts, mixing well after each time. Begin adding the dry ingredients the same way, repeating until all of the dry mixture is used. Batter should look silky and smell like mmm… chocolate!
- Pour into a greased 8×4 loaf pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom to ensure it came out in one piece.
- Bake at 325F for 45 minutes (the original recipe calle for more time, but mine were ready). Remove carefully from pan and allow to cool completely on a rack before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp erythritol (I used Truvia)
With electric beaters, mix cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Gradually add in sweetener 1 tbsp at a time and incorporate well. Cut brownies into 8-12 pieces.